Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 3 in Japan Siteseeing

Today I went to the Tokyo Edo Museum and had a guided tour it was very nice to learn about the Edo and Meiji periods. Also I met a Japanese student going to study at the U of A next year. This afternoon I went to St.Nicolas Cathedral Orthodox church it was very interesting to see a Russia Orthodox Church and learn more about what they believe. Then I saw a Confucian temple called Yushima Seto it was very small and dirty. Then I saw Kanada Meiji it was an imperial temple built for the emperor it was very colorful compared to the Meiji shrine. It was built during the Edo period it would be a good site to visit when in Tokyo as it is so colourful and full of history.  Also I went to a district that sells electronics and bought some more film for my camera prices are quite comparable with Canada and the U.S.A. Then I went to the 7 eleven store to withdraw money it does not really like Canadian bank cards as I had difficulty withdrawing money with a PC card. Then I had supper of noodles, and an egg fruit dish for dessert. In Japan they have washing machines in their houses but they air dry their laundry as it is so hot and humid things dry quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment